Who’s ready for a little competition?! iCivics, along with our partners at Nearpod, are excited to host the Game Odyssey Challenge from April 18 to May 27, 2022, offering five classrooms the chance to win prizes.
Your students can launch their own presidential campaign, level up their news literacy skills, or try their hand at running state and local governments. The Game Odyssey turns our free online games into an exciting learning adventure to revisit civic content taught earlier in the year or to teach new knowledge and skills. Let’s go!
Here’s how the challenge works:
Teachers will share the Game Odyssey materials with students before starting gameplay. As students play through the odyssey, they will earn Badges to place on their own Game Odyssey Map. Each completed Game Odyssey Map is considered an entry that teachers can submit on behalf of their class during the month-long challenge. There is no limit to the number of completed maps a teacher can submit.
- For the class:
- 30 iCivics stickers
- 30 iCivics pencils
- 1 $100 gift card for treats or a party on iCivics and Nearpod
- For the teacher:
- 1 iCivics sweatshirt
- 1 Nearpod t-shirt
- 1 printed infographic set
To enter on behalf of the class, teachers should:
- Review the steps to assign the Game Odyssey under Educator Instructions.
- Get your students started by following the instructions for “How to Play: Student Instructions.”
- Challenge students to play through the entire Game Odyssey from Monday, April 18 to Friday, May 27, 2022. After completing a game, students will earn Badges to place on their Game Odyssey Map. Each completed Game Odyssey Map is considered an entry that teachers can submit on behalf of their class during this month-long challenge.
- Before you submit entries, make sure your students have shown you their game certificates for each Badge on the map.
- Submit completed maps! There is no limit to the number of completed maps a classroom can submit. To save time, we recommend that you submit all your completed maps at one time.
The challenge is closed.